CRN de Atención Social
CRNs (Centros de Referencia Nacional or National Reference Centres) are public centres that carry out innovative and experimental actions in the field of vocational training in order to make it more competitive and able to respond more rapidly to the requirements of the labour market.
They specialise in the different sectors in such a way that they serve as a point of reference and orientation for them and provide training in their area of action, namely Social Care.
The Centro de Referencia Nacional de Atención Social is a member of the Sociocultural and Community Services professional family. It was created by an agreement among the Servicio Público de Empleo Estatal (SEPE), the Ministerio de Educación y Formación Profesional and the Comunitat Autònoma de les Illes Balears (CAIB), Conselleria d’Educació, Universitat i Recerca.
All the CRN form part of the Red de Centros de Referencia Nacional.
of the CRN DE Atención Social
To contribute to the provision of innovative and effective vocational training which is more competitive and suited to the productive changes of the labour market.
To promote the updating of the National Catalogue of Professional Qualifications.
To encourage workers’ access to the labour market and job-seeking by means of ongoing training and updating and the recognition of professional skills.
of the CRN de Atención Social
- To observe and analyse the evolution of the productive sectors throughout the State in order to identify new professional skills and changes in the existing ones, with the aim of adapting the training offer to social and employment needs.
- To detect new training trends and experiment with innovative training initiatives aimed at different social groups, including students, employed and unemployed workers and people, entrepreneurs, professionals and teachers.
- To apply and experiment with innovative projects and prepare contents, teaching materials and methodologies so as to propose their updating in the field of vocational training in the education system and vocational training for employment.
- To contribute to the design and development of technical and methodological skills development plans aimed at teachers and instructors, expert personnel, professional counsellors and assessors of the professional skill accreditation procedure.
- To serve as a link between research, training and innovation institutions and the productive sectors in order to promote communication and the dissemination of research and innovation and the development of vocational training in the Social Care sector.
- With a view to the development of the functions, to cooperate with the National Institute of Professional Qualifications, the SEPE, professional observatories, trade union and employers’ organisations and parity structures…
of the CRN DE Atención Social
The CRN’s participation and control bodies are the Social Council and the Joint Coordination and Monitoring Committee.
Department for Observation and Research.
Department for Development, Innovation, Experimentation and Training.
Department for the Accreditation and Recognition of Professional Qualifications.
Organ of social participation and social agents of the productive sector
- 2 representatives of the General State Administration: Ministry of Education and SEPE.
- representatives of the Comunitat Autònoma de les Illes Balears: General Manager in VET matters and Manager CRN.
- 2 representatives of trade union organizations.
- 2 representatives of business organizations.
Presidency: General Director for Vocational Training.
Mechanism for monitoring, surveillance and control of the execution of the agreement.
- 2 representatives of the General State Administration: Ministerio de Educación and SEPE.
- 2 representatives of the Comunitat Autònoma de les Illes Balears: Director General in VET matters and Director CRN.
- Possibility of assistance of technicians (with voice and without vote).
Minimum 1 meeting / year, or more at the request of the signatory parties.
Presidency: shift and rotating headquarters (State / Autonomous Community of the Balearic Islands).
of the CRN de Atención Social
The CIFP came on stream in September and, in the same month, the visit of the team of technicians from the Ministry of Labour to the facilities took place for its assessment, in accordance with the Project for the creation of the CRN submitted in Madrid.
A favourable report was issued at the 50th Meeting of the Permanent Committee of the General Council of Vocational Training held in Madrid on 26 April 2011 for the Son Llebre Centre to be classified as a CRN in the Sociocultural and Community Services family in the Professional Area of Social Care.
March: A meeting between the CIFP Son Llebre management and the Directorate General of Vocational Training and Teacher Training and a firm commitment to advance the CRN project (definition of organisation chart of functions and personnel).
September: The Regional Ministry of Education and University provides the personnel necessary for the CRN de Atención Social to begin operating organically as such.
November: Meeting in Madrid between the Head of Vocational Training of the BI and the director of the CIFP Son Llebre with the managers of the CRNs of the SEPE and the Ministry of Education.
January: Visit of the members of the future CRN to the CRNs in Pamplona (ESTNA and CENIFER)
June: Signing of the Agreement between the State Public Employment Service, the Ministry of Education and Vocational Training and the Autonomous Community of the Balearic Islands for the creation of the Centro de Referencia Nacional de Atención Social (National Social Care Reference Centre).
August: Approval of the creation of the CRN by the Council of Ministers.
September: Publication of Royal Decree 506/2019 of 30 August creating the Son Llebre Integrated Vocational Training Centre as a National Reference Centre in the professional area of Social Care of the Sociocultural and Community Services professional family in the area of vocational training (BOE – (Official State Gazette) of 14 September 2019)
December: Constitution of the Social Council of the CRN de Atención Social.
September: Publication of the Resolution of 23 September 2020 publishing the Agreement between the State Public Employment Service, the Ministry of Education and Vocational Training and the Autonomous Community of the Balearic Islands, which approves the 2019-2022 multi-year Action Plan of the Centro de Referencia Nacional de Atención Social in the area of vocational training (BOE of 28 September 2020).
October: Presentation of the 2020 Work Plan proposal to the Social Council (20/10/2020) and approval of the 2020 Annual Plan by the Mixed Coordination and Monitoring Committee (26/10/2020).
Multiannual Action Plan 2019-2022. Approved by Agreement between the Servicio Público de Empleo Estatal, el Ministerio de Educación and Formación Profesional and la Comunitat Autònoma de les Illes Balears (Resolution of September 23, 2020, published in the BOE on September 28, 2020).
The 2020 annual plan 2020 CRN de Atención Social establishes the actions to be carried out by the Centro de Referencia Nacional de Atención Social, as well as the economic contribution of the Administración General del Estado, from the proposal of the Center, heard by the Social Council and approved by the Joint Coordination and Monitoring Commission.